Supermicro® Wins World Record Benchmarks for Low Latency and Financial Computation Announced at STAC Summit
Supermicro debuts the latest extreme performance 3rd Generation Hyper-Speed platform based on Supermicro’s new Ultra architecture along with a new high density Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor based 1U SuperServer® at the STAC Summit in New York this week.
World Record For Low-Latency Goes For The 1U SYS-1028UX-CR-LL1 (Haswell Based Server)
The 1U SYS-1028UX-CR-LL1 Hyper-Speed Ultra SuperServer® is fine-tuned for low latency/high frequency trading applications and features enterprise-class hardware acceleration, dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2643 v3, I/O flexibility to support multiple full-size NICs and optional co-processor cards. In independent tests by the Securities Technology Analysis Center (STAC®), this solution achieved the world record results for mean latency, max latency and jitter at baseline message rates in a public STAC-N1™ benchmark. The STAC Report™ of these benchmark results is available at www.STACresearch.com/SFC141110. Access a white paper on Supermicro’s Hyper-Speed solutions at www.supermicro.com/Hyper-Speed_WP.
World Record Benchmark Results On A Windows platform Goes to SYS-1028GR-TR ( E5-2600 v3 family Server)
The 1U high density form factor SYS-1028GR-TR is optimized for high performance computing applications with support for up to 3x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors. It has achieved world record STAC-A2™ benchmark results on a Windows platform, showing the solution’s ability to accelerate computation time for financial risk calculations. The STAC Report™ of these benchmark results is available at www.STACresearch.com/INTC141023.
- Dual accelerated Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2643 v3 (Haswell) (-LL1 SKU) or E5-2687W v3 (Haswell) (-LL2 SKU),
- 64GB DDR4 in 8x +2133MHz DIMMs
- 10x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays
- 8x 12Gb/s SAS3, 2x SATA3 (Optional 2x NVMe via AOC-URN2-i2XT)
- 2x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), Full-height Full-length, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), Low-profile, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8) SAS3 integrated,
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN
- 750W Redundant Platinum Level High-Efficiency (94%+) Power Supplies
“At the baseline STAC-N1 message rates, this system delivered the lowest mean latency, max latency, and jitter (standard deviation of latency) of any system publically reported to date (STAC.N1.β1.PINGPONG.LAT1).” – STAC Report, November 13, 2014.*
1U 3x Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor SuperServer® (SYS-1028GR-TR)
High density form factor supporting:
- dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 (up to 145W),
- up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 16x DIMMs
- 4x hot-swap 2.5" SATA3 drive bays,
- 3x Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors (7120P) dual port GbE LAN
- Redundant 1600W Platinum Level High-Efficiency (94%) Digital Power Supplies
“At 56 assets per rack unit, this system delivered the highest space efficiency of any system publically reported to date (STAC-A2.β2.GREEKS.SPACE_EFFICIENCY).” – STAC Report, October 30, 2014.**