Supermicro Super Workstations for every need: Entry level to Mission Critical ApplicationsSupermicro's Whisper-Quiet family of SuperWorkstations feature state-of-the-art designs demonstrating acoustically optimized thermal engineering. All major system components such as high efficiency power supply, processor and chipset, memory, heat sinks, fans, chassis, materials and layout- are tuned to produce sound levels reaching as low as 28 dB, or the equivalent of a quiet library environment. The system also utilizes special software to produce optimum cooling and low sound levels across all CPU loads and speeds.
Supermicro's Power Management TechnologiesSupermicro's Whisper-Quiet Workstations employ specially developed power and thermal management technologies in multiple levels to manage temperature and sound levels. Several of these advances are as follows:
- Motherboards Designed With Leading-Edge Memory Sensing Technology support 1.5V FB-DIMM memory with Intel 5400 (Seaburg) chipsets, or DDR2 Reg. ECC memory matched with Intel 5100 (San Clemente) chipsets to optimize power usage.
- High Efficiency Power Supplies architected to eliminate waste. Instead of the typical efficiencies of 70%, Supermicro's workstation power supplies run at significantly higher efficiency levels up to 88%, greatly reducing energy losses.
- Advanced Technology Heat Sinks employed to provide maximal cooling of critical components, leading to better overall system performance.
- Pulse-Width Modulated Fan Control of the system fans, resulting in lower speed operation and lower sound levels while still maintaining proper cooling, while increasing reliability.
- Internal Airflow Design architected to produce optimal cooling of all components.
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) that intelligently monitors the Whisper-Quiet SuperWorkstation operation, detecting and utilizing temperature sensor information to continuously control fan speed to produce optimal cooling of all components across all fan speeds.
- System Architecture created to take advantage of all the Supermicro power management technologies synergistically to produce optimal cooling and low sound levels at all application levels.