NEXCOM collaborates with the major automation providers to realize industry 4.0 solutions in various segments with the grand launch of Windows® 10 IoT devices. NEXCOM offers a wide array of fanless IoT controllers and gateways catering to needs of automation, rail transportation, digital signage and many more.
Microsoft’s latest Windows® 10 IoT is designed for industrial 4.0 applications. It adds a variety of features, such as data protection, remote management, threat protection, secure access, device management, open-source AllJoyn framework, and Azure™ cloud platform.
Industry 4.0 environment are the strong customization of products under the conditions of high flexibilized (mass-) production. The required automation technology is improved by the introduction of methods of self-optimization, self-configuration, Self-diagnosis, cognition and intelligent support of workers in their increasingly complex work.
There are six design principles in Industry 4.0. These principles support companies in identifying and implementing Industry 4.0 scenarios.
- Interoperability: the ability of cyber-physical systems (i.e. workpiece carriers, assembly stations and products), humans and Smart Factories to connect and communicate with each other via the Internet of Things and the Internet of Services
- Virtualization: a virtual copy of the Smart Factory which is created by linking sensor data (from monitoring physical processes) with virtual plant models and simulation models
- Decentralization: the ability of cyber-physical systems within Smart Factories to make decisions on their own
- Real-Time Capability: the capability to collect and analyse data and provide the derived insights immediately
- Service Orientation: offering of services (of cyber-physical systems, humans or Smart Factories) via the Internet of Services
- Modularity: flexible adaptation of Smart Factories to changing requirements by replacing or expanding individual modules
Windows 10 and IoT:
Microsoft is making big investments in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Windows 10 IoT power a range of intelligent, connected IoT devices. From small devices like gateways, to mobile point- of- sale to powerful industry devices like robotics and specialty medical devices, Windows 10 IoT offers a converged platform for devices with enterprise-grade security from the device to the cloud, and native connectivity for machine-to-machine and machine-to-cloud scenarios with Azure IoT Services.
Case Study: Cloud plant factory with Nise 50 IoT Gateway
NEXCOM helps design a cloud plant factory with NISE 50 fanless IoT gateway. Installed with Windows® 10 IoT, NEXCOM NISE 50 further integrates WAGO PLCs to connect a variety of temperature and humidity sensors and I/O. Leveraging Azure™ cloud platforms and Microsoft Power BI for big data analysis, NEXCOM helps built this smart cloud plant factory.
We provide Windows® 10 IoT platforms with comprehensive IoT solutions
We offer comprehensive hardware platforms and newly designed IoT Studio supporting Windows® 10 IoT. With click-to-connect feature, NEXCOM’s IoT Studio provides quick connections linking field sensors, unified data access, and preliminary data analysis based on critical data uploaded to the cloud. Software developers can quickly deploy corresponding applications with efficient, hassle-free installations, enjoying high-performance cloud service.