2U VMware EVO: RAIL™, Ultra Series and SuperBlade Virtualization Solutions from Supermicro:
Supermicro introduces new Ultra Series high memory capacity 24x DIMM, NVMe enabled servers, 2U TwinPro²™, 4U FatTwin™ SuperServer, and storage optimized 6x HDD/SSD SuperBlade® solutions.
These advanced server and storage solutions with VMware technologies are optimized for a wide range of virtualization applications.
within these series is the Supermicro’s 2U TwinPro²™, a VMware certified EVO: RAIL hyper-converged infrastructure appliance designed to accelerate deployment and optimize performance of virtualized environments. This scale-out solution features an optimal balance of compute, memory, storage and networking with redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies in a high-density 4-node, dual processor server appliance, simplifying virtualization across Enterprise, private/hybrid-Cloud, End-user computing and branch office environments.
With this new EVO: RAIL appliance, customers have the advantage of Supermicro’s architecture and service advantages combined with VMware’s virtualization expertise to significantly accelerate deployment of virtual machines and increase their overall productivity and performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot.”s aid Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro.
“VMware EVO: RAIL is poised to significantly transform the Software-Defined Datacenter with simplified procurement, deployment, management and support in an all-in-one hyper-converged infrastructure appliance,” said Mornay Van Der Walt, vice president, Emerging Solutions Group, VMware. “Supermicro’s 2U TwinPro architecture is an excellent example of the high levels of technology integration offered in our new EVO: RAIL building blocks. Working closely with our EVO: RAIL partners, VMware is removing the complexities of system ownership and accelerating business growth with time to value to first virtual machine in minutes, all covered by world-class support services.”
- 2U TwinPro², 4 nodes, redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 14.4TB raw capacity with 10K RPM drives and built in caching with SSD
- RJ45 (VRL001 model) or SFP+ (VRL002 model) networking connectivity
- Software Bundle includes vSphere, Virtual SAN and vCenter components
- Supports up to 100 general purpose server virtual machines or 250 virtual desktop machines per appliance
- 2U TwinPro architecture supports next generation processor and advanced I/O technologies to maximize performance and number of virtual machines in the 2U, 4 node footprint
Additional highlights at VMworld include:
- Supermicro Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (SYS-F627R3-VDN001L/VDN002L) (www.supermicro.com/VSAN) – Ready to deploy VDI nodes in 4U 4-node FatTwin™ supporting up to 400 VMs, 8x 3.5” hot-swap HDD bays per U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 1U/2U Ultra Series Servers – supports next generation processors and flexible, integrated I/O options with max memory capacity up to 1.5TB in 24x DIMMs, up to 8x add-on-cards in 2U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 7U SuperBlade® – StorageBlade (SBI-7127R-S6) supporting 6x hot-swap HDD/SSD and 10GbE Blade Switch
- Supermicro 1U SuperServer® for EVP – Enterprise-class, scalable SDDC compute platform
For more information contact Tzvika Lior : firstname.lastname@example.org